Wine writer with fine Swiss wines as my specialty: ellen-books.com
News buff, long-time international reporter for major media: Swiss news blog is GenevaLunch.com (Ellen’s Swiss news)
Gardener (blog: Ellen’s Garden World)
Traveler – see all 4 sites.
Note: Ellen’s Wine World in February 2014 picked up where my 520 “Among the vines” wine articles left off, findable under Food & wine on GenevaLunch.com
Meet Swiss wines
and a few others that I love learning about.
Switzerland is a wonderful country for wine. Here’s why:
- the wines themselves
- the extraordinary landscapes, soil and weather that give birth to them
- the wealth of delightful grape varieties, especially native ones
- the vineyards that have been world pioneers in healthier and safer wine grape growing
- the well-trained and creative artisans who are responsible for this patchwork of thousands of small wineries
- the postcard villages where wine comes to life.