See my report, Celebrating a book’s final word. The winery suggests this wine is at its best in 3 to 6 years, so I was pleased to find it was still good at age 7. Price is for the current vintages.
Blend of Cornalin, Humagne Rouge and Syrah.
- Sierre, canton Valais
- winery shop (including online); write or call for sellers in your area, English is fine: http://www.rouvinez.com/fr/points-de-vente/points-de-vente-0-56
- Dark red, violet highlights
- A very pleasing burst of woodland fruits, especially small wild strawberries, and cherries - typical Humagne Rouge and Cornalin notes.
- Smooth tannins. Round but good acidity that has clearly helped this wine age well and retain its youthful freshness. Medium-long in mouth, with fruits ever-present.
- ✭✭✭ a special wine, out of the ordinary