Very good value for money at CHF12, a Gamay that will do its classic food and wine pairing job with cold cuts, but it has enough structure and aromas to accompany red meats that are not too strongly flavoured.
Sophie Dugerdil is one of Geneva’s impressive group of relatively new, younger generation winemakers, and her wines are consistently good – and good value. Geneva Gamays are earning a reputation, well-deserved, for rich, deep fruitiness. It all comes together with this Gamay.
Tasted at the winery, when I led a presentation on Geneva wines made by two women who are neighbours, Sophie Dugerdil and Emilienne Hutin.
Photo: Ellen Wallace with Sophie Dugerdil, Geneva wines presented to public, 2013
- Domaines Dugerdil
- winery shop (including online)
- Deep ruby with red highlights
- Wild strawberries and raspberries, a basket of ripe red fruit with black pepper notes
- Good structure with subtle tannins, aromas of pepper and red fruits, surprisingly long finish
- ✭✭✭ a special wine, out of the ordinary