One of the wines matured inside the Rhone glacier by the Adrian Mathier winery. This Gemma line of four late harvest wines, all of them allowed to mature slowly at low temperatures, is one of the beauties of the Valais collection of wines.
Made in new oak barrels, no malolactic fermentation, will age well for at least 10 years. Excellent with blue cheese and other strong cheeses, dark chocolate and new walnuts.
Tasted at the winery.
- Marsanne (Ermitage)
- Adrian Mathier
- Salgesch/Salquenen, canton Valais
- Magnificent shimmering gold
- White truffles, apricot and autumn woods (according to the winery, underbrush)
- Dense, silky, sweet, excellent acidity, very long in mouth. Beautiful.
- Over CHF25
- ✭✭✭ a special wine, out of the ordinary